A Tale of a Tub : Written for the Universal Improvement of Mankind. To which is added, An Account of a Battel Between the Antient and Modern books in St. James’s Library
Written by Jonathan Swift (1667-1745)
The Third Edition, Published in London and printed for John Nutt, near Stationers-Hall in 1704.
Shelfmark: Bolton Library E.10.3.
Read more at the UL Library Catalogue here.
This work of satire by Jonathan Swift was first published in 1704. The Bolton Library copy is a third edition from 1704, which give an indication of how popular it was. It was a satire on the churches and was well received by the book buying public.
- Collection Information
- The Anatomy of Melancholy
- De Vita Francisci Xaverii
- A Tale of a Tub
- Rervm Brabanticarvm libri XIX
- Expectatissime & Suo Merito Laudatissime
- De Traditionibus Apostolicis et Tacitis Partes Tres
- The Description and Historie of England, Ireland & Scotland
- Further Reading and Resources