De Vita Francisci Xaverii : qui primus è Societate Iesv in Indiam & Iaponiam Euangelium inuexit : libri sex
Written by Orazio Torsellino (1545-1599)
Published in Antwerp and printed by Joachim Trognesius in 1596.
Shelfmark: Bolton Library I.17.14.
Read more at the UL Library Catalogue here.
The Bolton Library contains many interesting bindings and this is very well preserved example of a late 16th century blind-tooled calfskin binding over wooden boards. Describing the binding is an essential part of the cataloguing process and the details are recorded on the UL open access catalogue. To read more about the bookbindings of the Bolton Library, see our detailed blog post here.
- Collection Information
- The Anatomy of Melancholy
- De Vita Francisci Xaverii
- A Tale of a Tub
- Rervm Brabanticarvm libri XIX
- Expectatissime & Suo Merito Laudatissime
- De Traditionibus Apostolicis et Tacitis Partes Tres
- The Description and Historie of England, Ireland & Scotland
- Further Reading and Resources
You must be logged in to post a comment.